Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A work in progress

These are the improvements I've made thus far. I am actually very proud of myself. This is my first place (with no roommates) and I really wanted it to look like an adult lives here. I think I'm getting close. I am housing this donated microscope for the time being and had no where to store it, so I just decided it would make a really cool decorative piece.

My improved living room where the pillows have homes, and terrariums are happy.


This is my reading nook (that I've yet to utilize).


And finally, my dining area. This is what I am most proud of. I've been wanting to do a collage of frames somewhere and decided that this is the best place for it.
I should also point out that it was my intention when I moved into my new place that I didn't purchase anything new; I wanted to use everything I own by repurposing it or updating it. And if I did need to buy anything, I would first hunt around thrift stores. I haven't finished the bedroom yet. That might be a project for after the holidays! :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment