Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thinking outside the box...

I realize that I haven't been very good at keeping this blog interesting. And since I can't move any faster with my photography, I've decided to think outside of the shop box and start sharing my personal random curiosities with you... at NO CHARGE!! :-D I can sometimes exhibit A.D.D. tendencies and tend to shift my interest from ideas to things to places, but not without the pure intention of knowing enough to fill my curiosity. This often frustrates those who care about me and can also give people a slight misperception that I am flaky. I just like to learn new things, and now I can share it with you! I'll even take requests if you give me time to do my research.

Today's topic... PIE. Might I preface this entry by stating that I really really like pie and cobbler--buttermilk pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, apple pie, peach cobbler, cherry cobbler, you get the idea. I've never been very keen on blackberry pies. It may be due to the fact that I haven't had pie in a while, but during my last trip to the Canton, TX I stumbled apon a wonderful little pie shop that I believed to serve the best blackberry pie I've ever tried (not that I am any type of pie connoisseur), but none-the-less, divine! I haven't been able to stop thinking about blackberry pie since! Then, today as I was strolling through the produce section at Central Market I saw that blackberries were on sale, so I decided to bake a blackberry pie! I googled a recipe when I got home and voi la! There was pie! Yes, that is my pie.

In case this entry inspired you to bake your own blackberry pie, here is the recipe!
What you need:
4 cups fresh blackberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 recipe for a 9 inch double crust pie (They also come frozen in pairs if you don't have time to knead your own)
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup white sugar

How to:
Combine 3 1/2 cups berries with the sugar and flour. Spoon the mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup berries on top of the sweetened berries, and cover with the top crust (or the second crust). Seal and crimp the edges. Brush the top crust with milk, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. If you are using the frozen pie crust, allow them to thaw before using to make it easier to lay the top on. Bake at 425 degree F for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375 degrees F, and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.

Hang in there guys! I promise that I will have more items listed in my etsy shop by March 18th--if not something, you'd be dying to purchase, the photos will at least be aesthetically pleasing to your visual senses! I'm just waiting for some free time and a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment